Vickie Byard, CVT, VTS (Dentistry), CVJ
Vickie Byard, CVT, VTS (Dentistry) is a certified veterinary technician with over 30 years of experience. She enjoys a diversified and exciting career. Vickie worked at Rau Animal Hospital in Glenside, PA (1985 – 2019). Currently, Vickie works at Veterinary Dentistry Specialists in Chadds Ford, PA. She has been an adjunct instructor in the Manor College Veterinary Technology program, she is contracted to provide in-house training experiences, she was a member of the Bayer Technician Advisory Council, and she has authored numerous articles and has contributed chapters for veterinary technology books. Vickie Byard is a past-president of the Academy of Veterinary Dental Technicians and was delighted to be chosen as the 2010 Veterinary Technician of the Year for the state of Pennsylvania. Currently and the esteemed honor of being chosen as NAVTA’s Vet Tech of the Year for 2013. Currently, Vickie is the President and Founder of PetED™ Veterinary Education and Training Resources.
Vickie can be contracted to help your small animal practice maximize the dental care provided by:
- Providing basic training in dentistry; assessment, proper cleaning, charting.
- Taking your team’s existing dentistry skills to the next level; intraoral radiographs, multi-modal pain control, regional nerve blocks, etc.
- Increasing the efficiency of the staff to be able to obtain full mouth series of intraoral radiographs.
- Evaluating and making recommendations on equipment.
- Discussing marketing efforts.
- Suggesting changes in order to increase client compliance on dentistry recommendations.
- Helping YOUR PRACTICE create a thriving dentistry profit center.